Monday, September 2, 2019

I'm Back!!!

It has been a very long time since I have posted anything and I must apologize. I could say I have allowed life to get in the way but I think with true honesty I would have to say I have allowed priorities to go awry. I have been tuning in to the first season of "God Friended Me" and have truly been inspired and motivated to get back on track. I hope all of you have been doing well and that life has been treating you kind. This past October we moved into a farmhouse that was built in 1919 and loving it. The town is very small and the people so friendly. It is nice to get away from so much traffic and the hustle and bustle of where we were living. Funny how you can go less than 30 miles North and have such a drastic change. Kind of makes you think about life and how some of the smallest of moves can make such huge changes, in either direction, positive or negative. And that is one reason our spiritual life is so important and staying prayed up and in conversation with our Father to make certain any "moves" are always ones that are moving us forward and upward. In connecting on social media there have always been posts where people seem to be having a difficult time, but I believe more so than ever. The world hasn't changed direction or the speed in which it turns and yet you would think so with the directions many people are choosing to take and at the speed in which they are taking it. I recently read a news article where a set of twins died in the backseat of a hot car as the parent forgot they were back there when they went in to work due to a change up in who was dropping them off at daycare that day. NO JUDGEMENT HERE, just sadness and heartbreak that our lives have become such a rat race that life is but a blur. Statistics state there have been over 40 child deaths already this year in the same fashion with the reasoning of hectic lives, parents being sleep deprived and minds are working in overdrive. They are telling parents to place something in the backseat of the car that they will need for the workday so that will have to check the backseat before leaving the car. My heart and prayers go out to all that have had to experience such a tragedy such as this and may God give you all peace and comfort. When you are feeling busy and overwhelmed, here are five Bible verses that I was referred to saying they will help you to slow down and enjoy life. 1) Matthew 11:28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." 2) 1 John 2:17 "The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever." 3) 1 Peter 5:7 "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." 4) Psalm 46:10 "He says, "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations I will be exalted in the earth." 5) Ecclesiastes 3:1 "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens." We all need to take the time to reach out to those in need, those who seemed overwhelmed and in need of break. Maybe offering to watch someone's children so they can do something as simple as taking a nap, which to them is huge, or so they can just find a quiet moment to regroup. It used to be said it takes a village in reference to raising children, but I believe a village and community is needed for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment