Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Josh Groban - You Raise Me Up (Official Music Video)


This song and the one above Praise you in the Storm go with so much of my lifes journey. I think one of the most difficult things for me to learn and understand was "How can I be joyful, How can I praise God, when everything around me seems to be falling apart?" When things in my life at one point were really bad, I was way down in the pit of depression, anger, fear, a multitude of emotions...It was when my husband died from cancer. He was a strong man, a loving, good man. I remember on many nights as he lay there in pain beyond human understanding, asking why? Why me? What have I done to deserve this?" After his passing I was initially in a state of shock and denial, then anger, depression, confusion...You name it, it came upon me and the dxxxl saw my weakness and took every advantage he possibly could. You see yes I knew God, I gave my life to Christ when I was 14, but I never really grew in my relationship with Christ due to lack of any discipleship. So I wasn't of the understanding when he died where I needed to find my strength in order to move forward, maybe even stand still, but not to go backwards, not to go into that deep dark pit. You see when Scott and I got married there was such a strength in him, there was more than enough for both of us and in him I found my strength. So when he passed, my strength passed with him, was buried in the ground with him. That was in 1995 , 18 years ago. And it wasn't until about 10 years ago I finally started on the path of understanding, of truly getting to know my Jesus on a personal level. I spent a solid year of my life going to work, studying Gods word, striving to figure out what He wanted of me, what being a Christian was truly about, allowing Him to speak to me in the middle of the night. It wasn't a peaceful year, it was one filled with much confusion, many questions, a lot of tears and frustration. But through this period of time I learned that no one can find their strength in another person, to even try or expect that of another is so wrong. My strength now comes through my relationship with Christ.....Once I came to that understanding , really got into His word and developed that wonderful relationship with Him, the turmoil in my life stopped, there was an inner peace I had never known...He blessed me 8 years ago this May with a wonderful husband, and our 2 dogs and 2 cats :-). I look at my life and the things I have been through in it and wonder if my relationship with God had come about at a much younger age how different my life might have been. But then I realize I wouldn't change a thing about my life. For through my journey, I have opened myself up to being used by Him in the lives of others. I have learned to judge no one where they are in their lives, I have been given an even greater love and compassion for people than the one He gave me at birth. I now know that no matter what takes place in my life, I am more than a survivor, I am a walking, talking, living testimony of God’s Grace and His mercy. Of His undying love for all of us. How that my life will never be a bed of roses, that everything in life isn't simple and smooth sailing, but I will NEVER be in the pit again. Kind of like the song by Josh Grobin....You Raise Me Up

No comments:

Post a Comment